Welcome to Peak Ace – Alex Ruf
We are happy to introduce to you our newest addition to our Design Department – meet Alex Ruf.
Alex, can you tell us a little bit about your background and previous experience?
Hello! My name is Alexander Ruf and I am from Caracas, Venezuela. I was working for several small companies dedicated to online content, the last one was an online advertising agency similar to Peak Ace. At the same time during that period of five years, I established my own company focused on creating media content. We were able to produce a TV Show for technology news dedicated to informing not tech-users about this world. We actually achieved to rank among the top 15 most watched shows in Venezuela.
What exactly is your job at Peak Ace? Maybe walk us through a typical day at the office?
My job title at Peak Ace is Junior Web Designer, my main task is to create graphic content for online projects, such as landing pages, blog posts and e-books.
What were your impressions during your first couple of days / weeks and how did your teammates help you settle in?
When I was in the selection process, I had the opportunity to work here for a day. I was really amazed how modern and cool the office is. Then during my first week, I realized how cheerful and professional everyone at Peak Ace was, everyone has the same objective! In relation to the integration into the group, Daria especially helped me to settle in really fast, I am very thankful for that.
Is there anything that you especially like at Peak Ace?
What I really like at Peak Ace is the treatment between co-workers, this was really important for me, since I come from another country.
Do you have any special talents and secret skills?
Since I come from Latin America, we are all born to dance (Latin music).
What’s your party trick?
Drink a lot and don’t get drunk.
What do you do when you are not at work? Any crazy hobbies or side projects?
When I am not at work I really enjoy gaming and enjoy Berlin nights.
And finally, some oddball questions for you, if you don’t mind:
- What were you like in high school? – A Metalhead always thinking about becoming a Graphic Designer.
- What do you want to be when you grow up? – A complete professional in my area.
- Describe the color yellow to somebody who is blind. – Since they cannot see, the only way to describe it is like the feeling when the sun hits your face on a not so hot summer day.
- You’ve been given an elephant. You can’t give it away or sell it. What would you do with it? – Shrink it, of course.
- What kind of music do you listen to when you are working? – Blues, Old Rock, Hip-Hop, Reggae, Drum&Bass.
- Are you a friend of dishwashers? Explain why. – No, never had to use them, so we haven’t been introduced properly.